Thursday, March 4, 2010

Project 2



The second project was easier than the first: I knew all the beats, I started listening and pausing, playing with the piano, chopping it, and that's how I got my bass (from the piano). This was was longer, and I felt that I worked really hard on it. I knew that some of my beats were a little loud, but that can be fixed when I start new projects. I think the third project will be easier than the first and second because I can add beats and develop my song more. I'm getting better at knowing where to click in the program to make different sounds. I like using the keyboard. I pause everything and I start playing around with the keyboard and thinking about how I can put it all together.

2 comments:

  1. Brian this is really good, the drum beat has a nice groove. I think that the simsynth part would be much more effective if you had it start after the first or second time the drums went through. Although the drum beat is good it is a bit to loud and if you just turned the volume down just a little bit and turned the simsynth up a few notches (because unless you listen closely you can just here it off in the distance.) You could have the synth fade in the first time it plays up to a comfortable level and then have everything fade out in the end. The ending you have is great though so I wouldn't change that. I also like how you changed the pitch on the synth. This is good but if you have the drum beat start off and have the synth later it will add length and more depth to the clip, Seth K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked the overall sound of this loop, and i liked the way the base sound kinda went in and out. i found the drum beat a bit overpowering, and overall the song was a bit too simple. i think itd be cool to add a few more layers to the synths, and add some more sounds.
    As for the ending, i feel it happened too suddenly. like nothing really led up to it. it seemed like it didnt really flow with the song, which it probably could if it had a bit more of an introduction. overall i liked the sound of your loop, i just feel liek it could use a bit more dimension.

    ReplyDelete